According to the basic EU general data protection regulation for “natural persons”
Status: May 2018
The information listed here provides an overview of the processing of personal data using our platform, our mobile applications (apps) and our API. At the same time, we inform you about your rights under general data protection law.
On our platform, you will find further offers for participation in small and very small tasks, scientific surveys, innovation campaigns, user tests or feedback and data collections. Which data are processed in detail in the respective offers and how they are used depends largely on the order situation of the offers. This information will be made available to you in good time before the start of your participation.
Contact for data protection
Crowdee GmbH, Zehdenicker Str. 5, 10119 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49 30 33021064, Fax: +49 30 33021065
1. Which sources and data do we use for our offers?
a) Data required for registration
In the course of your registration on our portals we need the following personal data, which we store securely with us and in principle not passed on to third parties without your consent:
- Name (this can also be a nickname or pseudonym)
- Email address (an email address used by you)
b) Additional information
For the payment of any monetary remunerated tasks we still need a bank account from you. This can be: IBAN, BIC, account name/holder or PayPal email address.
c) Technically recorded data
While you are using our platform, the following data is temporarily stored and used in a log data file:
- IP address of the user (when establishing a secure connection to the web server)
- The date and time of the action
- Site visited on our website and name of the downloaded file
- The scope of transmitted data
- Notification whether the visit/download of the site was successful
This data is used for statistical purposes, in particular, to prevent or detect unauthorized access to the platform components. These temporary data are deleted after leaving the platform.
d) Further data
We continue to process data that we receive in the context of our business relationship with our clients of the offers. Which data is processed in detail and how it is used depends largely on the order situation. Furthermore, we can process data from publicly accessible sources (e.g. Internet). If these data sources contain relevant personal data, we will inform you in good time in our offers. In the context of platform use, ultimately especially if you give us feedback on our service, or contact us through our support, further personal data can be exchanged and stored. However, this is voluntary.
2. For which purpose and on which legal basis will my data be processed?
We process the personal data mentioned under point 2 according to the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Federal Data Protection Act (FDPA) for the following purposes:
a) To fulfil contractual obligations (Article 6 Para.1 b GDPR)
The processing of personal data takes place for the provision of services in the context of the execution of our orders with our customers or for the execution of pre-contractual measures, which take place on request. The purposes of data processing are primarily based on the specific offer, e.g. small and very small tasks, scientific surveys, user tests or feedback and data collections, and are explained by us in good time at the beginning of an offer.
b) Within the framework of the balancing of interests (Article 6 para. 1 f GDPR)
If necessary, we process your data beyond the actual performance of the contract to protect the legitimate interests of us or third parties. Examples:
- Examination and optimization of procedures for needs analysis and for direct addressing of participants; incl. segmentation and quality control
- Advertising or market and opinion research, as long as you have not objected to the use of your data
- The assertion of legal claims and defence in the event of legal Disputes
- Ensuring the IT security and IT operation of our systems
- Prevention of criminal offences
- Measures for business management and further development of offers and services
c) On the basis of your consent (Article 6 para. 1 a GDPR)
Depending on the offer, consent may be required under Article 6(1) (a) GDPR. If you have given us such consent to process personal data for certain purposes (e.g. forwarding of data within the network), the legality of such processing is given on the basis of this consent. Consent given can be revoked at any time. This also applies to consents given to us prior to the entry into force of the basic EU data protection regulation (deadline May 25, 2018). A revocation becomes effective for the future. Transactions that have already taken place before the revocation remain unaffected and do not fall under the effectiveness of the revocation. You can request an overview of given consents from us at any time.
Fully automated decision making according to Article 22 GDPR (including fully automated profiling) is not used in our systems. Should we use these procedures in the future, we will inform you separately and in good time, if this is required by law.
3. Who will receive my data?
Internally or as part of a network, those departments receive access to your data that they need to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations. This also includes external service providers and vicarious agents if they observe our instructions under data protection law in writing and guarantee conformity with the requirements of the EU Data Protection Basic Ordinance / the Federal Data Protection Act. In addition, we will only disclose information to third parties if required to do so by law. The following data recipients are examples: Support/maintenance of IT applications, archiving, document processing, call center services, compliance services, controlling, data screening for anti-money laundering purposes, data destruction, purchasing/procurement, space management, customer administration, letter shops, marketing, media technology, reporting, research, website management, auditing services, payment transactions.
Data transmission to countries outside the EU or the EEA (so-called third countries) may be order-related or legally required (e.g. tax reporting obligations). In this case, we will inform you in time before processing the order. The exchange can be established within the framework of order data processing. In the case of data transmission to third countries, the recipients are also obliged to comply with the data protection level in Europe in addition to the instructions in writing by the agreement of the EU standard contract clauses.
Our systems use only secure connections and certified receivers. The data is stored in German (partly scientific) computer centres with a high level of security. Our infrastructure is maintained by professional IT service providers and checked at regular intervals.
4. For how long will my data be stored?
We process and store your personal data as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of our contractual and legal obligations. In particular, the requirements for the preservation of evidence within the framework of the statute of limitations must be observed. According to §§ 195 ff. of the German Civil Code (BGB), these limitation periods can be up to 30 years, whereby the regular limitation period is three years.
5. Which data protection rights do I have?
Every natural person we record has the following rights:
- The right of access under Article 15 GDPR
- The right to correction under Article 16 GDPR
- The right to cancellation under Article 17 GDPR
- The right to limitation of processing under Article 18 GDPR
- The right to appeal under Article 21 GDPR
- The right to data transferability under Article 20 GDPR
- The restrictions according to §§ 34 and 35 FDPA apply to the right to information and the right of cancellation. In addition, there is a right of appeal to a data protection supervisory authority (Article 77 GDPR in conjunction with § 19 FDPA).
6. Do I have any obligation to provide data?
For a use of our offers, we ask you only to provide the data mentioned under point 2a. As a rule, we will not be able to participate in our offers without this information.
7. What are cookies used for?
In order to ensure a high degree of user-friendliness on our platform and at the same time improve our software, we can weave cookies, as is usual on most large websites. Cookies are used for this purpose:
- Recall settings between the different visits to our platform
- Prevent the username and password from having to be entered repeatedly
- Analyze the use of our website and services to help us improve them further
- Our cookies are not used to personally identify you. You can manage these files yourself at any time or delete them if you wish. Visit AboutCookies.org for more information about cookies and their management.
Information on your right of objection under Article 21 of the EU Data Protection Basic Regulation (GDPR)
The right of objection on a case-by-case basis
In accordance with Article 6 para. 1e GDPR (data processing in the public interest) and Article 6 para. 1 f GDPR (data processing on the basis of a balance of interests), you can object to the processing of personal data concerning you at any time. You have this right, which can also be applied to profiling based on this provision within the meaning of Article 4 (4) GDPR, for reasons arising from your particular situation. If you object to this use, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can assert compelling reasons worthy of protection for the processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
Right to object to the processing of data for advertising purposes
You also have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of any advertising. This right may also be applied to profiling for advertising purposes in so far as it is related to any direct advertising. If you object to this application, we will no longer process your personal data for these purposes. The objection can be made form-free and should be addressed to +49 30 33021064 by telephone.